Who is the better cook in your house?

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Call for Help!

Last year I answered the call to do more to help my community.  I joined the Board of Directors at the Riverbend Community Food Pantry in Alton.  They are a fairly new food pantry, but they are attempting to do great things in our area.  Currently we are feeding almost 1400-1500 individuals each and every month out of an area that is less than ideal for handling that amount of volume, but we are making it work as best we can.  It has been a learning experience for me, to say the least.

I had no idea what it took to provide a service like this. (and I have only seen a very small part).  Organizations like this rely very heavily on community support and donations.  Our largest resource for obtaining food is from a food bank in St. Louis, but we have to pay them every month for the food they give us.  This is in addition to the normal operation expenses we incur at our location.  We are always on the look out for volunteers and donations to aid us in our mission.  We recently received a donation of a large amount of Up & Up brand shampoo and conditioner which we are selling for $1 per bottle to raise money for the pantry.  The bottles are 25.4oz and for just $1 that is a great deal for you, and it  will help us out greatly!  I will have both available at my office. If anyone is interested, and I hope there is a ton of you, please contact me via email, text or phone.  There is no limit until we run out, and then you cant have any more :)



I hope that everyone is having a great day, and if you have any question, I will put information for the food pantry and myself below.

Office:
Landmark Realty, Inc.
3049 Godfrey Road, Godfrey, IL.   618.466.1513  my cell phone  618.531.9082


Riverbend Community Food Pantry
929 Milnor Avenue, Alton, IL.   618.462.9841
Pantry email:  rcfp62002@yahoo.com

In addition to having the shampoo/conditioner at the office, I also take donations of food, clothing, money, and any other donated items at the office.  Again, if you have any questions, please contact me.

http://www.callpaultoday.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment