Who is the better cook in your house?

Monday, March 28, 2011

In The Future There is a Man Cave

Sooooo our house is in various stages of remodel.  Some rooms were done out of desire and others were done out of necessity.  I have a lot of projects going right now between work, my own home and an investment property.  Yet I still dream of having a "man cave" in my basement.  I just found a website called http://www.become.com/.  It is pretty much like Amazon, and the prices seem to be similar.  I do like that the products seem to be bought from the name brand companies themselves and not www.become.com.  In some cases what I was looking for seemed to be cheaper than other places.  I have no idea if this is because they dont actually hold the product in inventory, or not.  I didnt really look for a lot of stuff on there, I was mainly looking for furniture and lighting, which they have a lot of.

We want the "man cave" to match the rest of the house and be inviting for everyone.  We have a house built in the 60's and my wife and I have pretty similar styles when it comes to furniture and decor.  Both of us like a mix of modern and antique and color.  So that acutally doesn help narrow any choices down for us, it actually makes it harder since we can pretty much put in what ever we want.  I have a basic sense of what needs to be in the room.

I know the seating is going to be the focal point (besides a GIANT flatscreen TV that is) then you have to have lighting.  The rest is just details and decorations.  I was watching an episode of Devine Design the other day and it remided me how much I love the rooms that Candice Olson comes up with on that show.  I dont like all of them, but the ones that lean more to the modern side always grab my eye.  I saw something on the show that mentioned that she had her own furniture line, so I figured I would check it out.  I am wanting a big sectional couch in the basement.  Become.com came back with a ton of results for sectional couches, but none of them were by Candice Olson.  I would have like to see what her furniture looked liked, but there were more than enough other choices to get an idea of what I would like to get for the space. So  next comes the fun of picking out lighting.

This is where I acutally got to see of stuff that Candice Olson has designed.  The style varied drastically, but there were several that I liked.  Again, I want to get some of her furniture, but for now, I will have to settle for looking at her lighting and rugs.  Then I looked for a lift-top coffee table. I had never actually seen one in anyones house until a friend of mine got new furniture a couple of years ago.  His is still the only one I have used.  I rarely eat at the dining room table, and its nice not to have to bend over to eat at the coffee table, so thats what I want for the new "man cave". (my wife hates the term "man-cave" by the way!)

On a side note, I despise wallpaper in pretty much any fashion that I have seen put into use.  I bring this up because I accidentally clicked a link that took me to zebra wallpaper on this site.  Wow, the wallpaper that I usually complain about is nothing compared to this! :)  But to each their own, I guess.  It is kinda suprising that there were 14 results for zebra print wallpaper, but who am I to judge.  It may be impossible to design your African Safari themed bedroom or 70's "shag pad" without these products.  Thats it for now, I need to stop dreaming about completeing what is at the end of my to-do list, because it is WWWAAAAYYY at the end!  Thanks for listening to me wish and rant, and I hope everyone is having a great Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment