Who is the better cook in your house?

Monday, March 14, 2011

Welcome to My First Blog

Hello Everyone,

I have thought about starting a blog for a long time, but never got around to it.  So now is the time!  I guess I will start off with a little bit about myself for those of you who don't already know me.  My name is Paul Scheurer and I am a Realtor with Landmark Realty, Inc. in Godfrey, IL.  I have been a Realtor since 2003.  I am married to my wonderful wife Kim and we live in Godfrey with our two dogs Maggie and Moe.  In the last few years I have become addicted to creating amateur photography, abstract paintings and drawings.  I love to build things and remodel houses for myself, friends and family. Since all that is  out of the way, here we go.

I am starting this blog because I want to have a forum to get out my opinions on real estate and life in general.  Those that know me know how I love to have an opinion on just about everything!  This blog will hopefully be a help to those who read it, especially when it comes to their real estate.  I do not intend for this to be a soap box.  I want it to be a place where I can hopefully shed light on issues that affect you and your home.  I do not consider myself to be a pushy person, but when it comes to real estate, I try to make it as clear as possible that some things are extremely important, and should be taken seriously.

Issues such as pricing, condition of the home, relaying showing/buyer feedback, etc. are probably the most critical for sellers.  I don't consider myself to be rude when having these discussions with my clients, but I do believe that if your Realtor doesn't make these issues seem important or they try to sugar coat feedback to protect your feelings, they are doing you a great injustice. A person might ask themselves "If my Realtor doesn't seem to think it's that important, then why should I?"  or "Well that showing feedback doesn't seem so bad, so I guess I don't need to fix any ting after all."  There is a big difference between a Realtor relaying the feedback of "the buyers said they could notice pet odor in the house" when in reality, the buyers were only in the house for 2 minutes before they had to leave due to the smell of urine burning their noses.  Extreme example, but one could make you think its not really that bad, and the reality is that something needs to be done NOW!

I feel that the majority of people appreciate someone that tells them things how they are, and not just deliver news in a way that seems like everything is great..  Not everyone feels this way, but the people who do will benefit the most from being given good information and being able to then act on it.

This is what I hope to achieve from this blog.  I will give you the best information that I can, and give you my honest opinion on current real estate issues.  I look forward to the feedback and interactions with everyone.  Remember, this is my first blog, so I hope that things get better.  I am definitely not a writer!

I hope all is well!

P.S. Don't forget to visit me on Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment